Saturday, May 7, 2011

Top o' the mornin' to you!

I'm safety in Ireland.
When I walked off the plane all alone I was feeling a bit lonesome.
Then, I looked over and saw this:

Just a grocery store...
but
I suddenly realized I was home.
Europe became like another home to me last year and I'm just happy to be back.
It's beautiful here!

Among other things:
1. I ate lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe (sorry no pictures- see reason #2)
2. Stayed up for about 56 hours straight (with a few power naps here and there)
3. Went to Trinity College and saw the book of Kells and this awesome tree:


Not only do I want this tree...but I feel in love with their library.

Two stories, old books, and a spiral staircase- it was a dream
I want a smaller version in my house someday.

Also:
4. I had a 5 hour conversation with the man sitting next me on the flight over here.
You know how sometimes you have those obligatory conversations with people next to you because they won't stop talking?
For once, this wasn't the case...our conversation was pretty cool. 
As is turns out Erik and his family live in Salt Lake City. He is from Dublin, is 5th generation LDS and....
he 
is 
completely 
deaf.


Try having a conversation with a deaf person for that long without actually using sign language.

Amazing?
Yes, yes it was.

Love,
A

6 comments:

  1. So cool Ale! Deaf person? Awesome. I want him to meet my brother!

    THE SPAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    That takes me right back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ale!! I am so jealous. I REALLY want to go to spar with you again. Remember our first attempt?? in case you somehow forget....it was an epic failure. hope you remembered to bring your own grocery bags if you actually went shopping in there. Also, that library is my dream come true. I've always wanted that in my house! And...i miss you. thats all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good old Spar, (Shpar says, Sebastian, what was his name? Our teacher, why can't I remember??) But that made me so happy when I saw that picture! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I was just thinking about the Hard Rock Cafe in Barcelona... WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Book of Kells?!?!? I have a movie about that book -- Secret of Kells!!! It's amazing!!!

    And I love Spar! Miss it so much and miss grabbing toffee waffles and a yorkie bar from it!

    Miss ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I know! I love you girls! That spar made me so happy!

    Krystle- You should have him meet your brother-he was pretty cool and had quite the sense of humor

    Jess- I miss you so much! I could not stop thinking all day yesterday while I waited in the rain for my bus that we did that EVERY day last year!

    Amelia! haha oh that Hard Rock in Barcelona....you know I'm pretty sure that band frontman is still in love with you! too bad you are married...I guess I'll have to take over! haha

    Tayler- You know I might just have to watch that movie now...the book was so cool! miss you too!

    ReplyDelete