Sunday, May 22, 2011

Today is church day

Around here our church/ religion is know by two names:
1. The air conditioned church
and
2. The love marriage church

Having air conditioning is kinda a big deal here and our church building is quite beautiful.

We also don't arrange marriages (go figure)
Most marriages here are arranged so I suppose the name is appropriate.



I've become the unofficial pianist for every function.
So far I've played for the relief society....a baptism... two musical musical numbers...and pretty much anything else they want a piano player for.
And I've only been here for two sundays.
Only problem is, I'm not that amazing at sight- reading
And I swear there is an over all belief here that if you can play one hymn- you can play them all.
Not true.
This has lead to some funny situations, but they keep asking me to play and they even seem grateful (even if they secretly think I suck)
At least I get some great practice


These are the girls....don't we look cute?


If you didn't really know what I was talking about and want to learn more about the air-conditioned love marriage church just check this out:


Love,
A

2 comments: