Saturday, May 21, 2011

Domestic life

Elora thinks that her blog posts are insignificant because I'm here doing service.
Not so.
We have weekends off...and we certainly don't spend every waking moment serving others.
Today we did a little bit of serving ourselves.

Did you know you can get a 2 hour manicure and pedicure for about $7 dollars each in India?
Yes. you. can.
So a foot message was our first order of business today.
All that walking in the heat KILLS!


Next...now don't judge...we ate a little westernized meal.
I normally hate Micky D's in the US but I was willing to make an exception
McDonald's is so funny here. 
There is no beef...so all the burgers are made with chicken...and it was amazing.


On to do a little shopping.
Apparently weddings are in season here too....not that I was wedding shopping it was just funny to see.


We tried on a sari.
This woman thought we were ridiculous for not knowing how to tie one...it's not easy let me tell you.

I look seriously confused


The finished product....oh so flattering


Family vehicles in India


Then we came home and did laundry.
It's all hand washing here...luckily we have a nice big porch with space to dry everything.


Sometimes we eat fruit.
Lots and lots of fruit.
For dinner.
I figure McDonald's was canceled out by eating this healthy for dinner


And that was my day
See Elora -we aren't as crazy selfless as you think we are

Love,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment