Monday, May 9, 2011

Home is Where...

It's a funny thing...
What type of things make people feel like they are home.
Like when (A)le was in Ireland and she saw her grocery store...
Or when people smell a certain kind of scent (fresh cut grass)...
Or people see a certain something (mountains)...
Or hear a word or phrase (hey there or oh my goodness!)...
Its different for everyone.
I have been homesick lately.
(Mostly sick FOR loved ones but still...)
I was missin' my west.
Not that the east isn't great do NOT get me wrong...
But you miss home sometimes.
Then I ate dinner at this place... Yeah.
You are looking at the right thing.
A BBQ joint made me feel at home...
And for many reasons mind you...
1. My dad and little brother LOVE BBQ so it made me think of family
2. It has a casual atmosphere like the good ole' West
and
3...
It was the SIZE of most restaurants back home.
Size matters haven't you heard?
Anyway...
I guess for me...
Home is where the BBQ is...
Haha weird!
With love,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment