Saturday, June 25, 2011

Say What?

Here I am in England.
I have seen a few tennis matches...
Seen a few famous people (Ron WEASLEY)...
But more than anything I have learned new words and phrases from my lovely English friends...
We all are quite entertained by how each other speaks...
Here are a few of the ones I like the most...

"I got alot of time for that..." means "I like that."
"Jumper" means "Pullover sweater."
"Have you emptied the bin?" means "Have you emptied the trash?"
Take-Away and Dine-In vs. To stay or To Go
Crisps are POTATO CHIPS
Wimbledon Stadium is NOT the tennis courts (found this out the HARD way...)
"Cheers..." means... well I use it for thanks, or good day I think it maybe wrong...
"That seems a bit dodgy..." Means, well, kinda close to the meaning of sketch...
And my favorite word is cheeky... but Im still learning how to use it.
I'm also getting really good at saying "LitRally." (You know... Literally.)
And yes T's do have sounds and so do H's...
(Weird right? Hhhhhherb sounds funny to me...)



Here are the words I've taught:
What it means when someone elevators you...
"Oh my lands!" (An Elora saying...)
"I know right?"
And thats pretty much it...
I guess I'm not as cool...
Or I just spend most of my time trying to imitate everyone else...
Anyways...
Cheers!

With Love,
E

1 comment:

  1. absolutely hilarious. cheers is only ever thanks. never hello or goodbye. just a heads up. also.. i'm still confused as to why there isn't a translation of cheeky here. such a simple word and character trait.

    ReplyDelete