Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Rebels and Love

Today we are stuck inside all day.
No, it's not because of monsoon season...
It's actually because of rebel protests.
You see I've been living in the state of Andhra Pradesh 
and there is a certain region within this state called Telangana.
Many people within Hyderabad want Telangana to be a separate state.
I have to say...in some ways they have a point.
The US has 50 states- India only has 28 and 
The US has about 300 million people- India has over a billion people
A lot of the reason they are rebelling is for representation purposes.
They just want their voices heard.
On the other hand....the whole city shuts down when these people get going.
We are confined to the house, city transportation is shut down and most stores are shut down.
Good thing we have food storage!

Since I'm confined to my the house I thought I'd share some pictures from the Shri Guru Sankalpam school for disabled kids. 
I told you about our project for this school here.


In the morning they arrived on their bus...teachers go to the homes of kids who are too disabled to get here.


They have lots of activities to do 


As I told you before my job is to take pictures of the kids and help interview all of them so we can put a profile of them on their website.
Were hoping people will sponsor these kids through the website once we have the profiles up.

This little guy REALLY loved to work the camera...that's why I have so many pictures of him.




At the beginning of the day the kids do exercises, laughing yoga, and meditation.
Durning meditation he was concentrating so hard- and it was one of the cutest things ever.



This is Thenima. She ALWAYS had a smile on her face. 


She loves to sing and even performed a song during exercise time.


Here he is again...just loving life and being happy



Yamuna loves to cook and helps her mom make chapati and other treats.


Sudhir here is quite the teacher. He looks like it huh?
He wants to be a teacher someday and help teach kids with disabilities. 


This is Branay and he has one of the most darling smiles I've ever seen.


Bajarang winked for the camera.


I could barely get Sriram to sit still to take a picture of him!


Here is Thenima again....I told you she was always smiling!


Satishkumar  loves playing cricket and wants to become a police officer someday. 


Vimal is always helping the physical therapist at the school work with the other kids.


This is the kids doing activities at the school


Working at this school is definitely one of the best experiences of the summer
These kids really are special spirits of a loving Heavenly Father.

With love,
A

3 comments:

  1. Friday is music and dance day! Love it!

    How many kids are at the school?

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I loved that too!

    There are about 48 but only about 25 come daily I think :)

    ReplyDelete