Sunday, July 10, 2011

Count Down

In exactly NINE days I will be home. 
In exactly ONE day I will leave my group, fly to Delhi and begin my adventure ALONE IN INDIA.
Crazy huh?

I haven't posted in a while because I've been sick.
Again.

Some things I'm looking forward to when I get home:
(I'm writing this now because in a few days I'll just be sad that I'm leaving)

~Eating~

Chipotle
Carrabbas
Outback
Texas Roadhouse
And COOKING- with an oven and all the ingredients I could ever want
One of my goals when I get back is cooking.
A LOT
I have a whole list of recipes to try.

~Watching~

HARRY POTTER 
(I can technically see it 24 hours before everyone else in the United States....but I'm saving it to see with my little brother)

The Help
(This is one of my favorite books I've read all summer)

And more...but I can't think of them all right now.

~Doing~

Going to dinner with my family
Giving my family and friends souvenirs
Sleeping in my own bed 
Showering- with warm, clean water- in my OWN bathroom
Driving
Wearing clothes, not rags
Going to HAWAII with my whole family


Now it may sound like I can't wait to get home.
I'm sad to leave, but in a way- I think I'm ready to go home.

There are so many things I've been missing since I've been here.
But they are just things.
And sometimes missing everything and everyone at home makes you more grateful for what you already have at home.

I know I am.

With love,
A


P.S. This post was inspired by one of my good friend Jane- who is also working for HELP International in Belize. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey we miss you here. It will be good to have you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ale!! i need to see you ASAP when you get home!! i miss you!! also, when are you going to be in hawaii cause i might be there at the same time!! um...i can't wait to see you and hear your fun stories and see all your india pictures. so lets have a party please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also...if you respond to this comment, respond on facebook or something cause i might not remember to check back here ha.

    ReplyDelete